Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Post No. 30: Unlocking The Second Prison

"To err is human; to forgive divine." -- Anonymous

"Let he who is without sin among you, cast the first stone." -- John 8:7

子曰:“人非圣贤,孰能无过,过而能改,善莫大焉。” ("Being imperfect beings, it is not possible that we do not commit mistakes. However, there can be no greater good than if one, seeing the error of his ways, is able to change for the better." -- Confucius)

“法官判我十年,你们却判我死刑。”--《三个好人》 ("The judge sentenced me to ten years imprisonment but you all gave me the death sentence." -- "One More Chance")

No Escape

Why
Is this
Happening to me?

After so long
I finally regained my freedom
Hoping to find a brighter world outside these walls

But instead
I find myself in an even darker place
Than the one I was released from

All around me
People looking at me with despise in their eyes
Avoiding me as though I carried a plague

All around me
I see many different paths
But they are all closed to me

I wouldn’t lie
I have my mistakes
But haven’t I already paid for them?

Anyway
Who can honestly say
That they have no mistakes before?

Why can’t they
Give me a chance
To prove that I’m a changed man?

Why can’t they
Allow me the opportunity
To be a better man?

Why can’t they
Just give me a second chance
To start anew in Life?

Why must they
Keep pushing me
To the edge of darkness?

Is there
Any way out of this dark place
I’m trapped in?

Perhaps there is a way out
But amidst all this darkness around me
I can see no escape

No comments:

Post a Comment