Friday, August 17, 2007

CNA: Public invited to SMS views on National Day Rally

Original article from the CNA website

Hmm... Interesting... I wonder whether they will be showing the SMS comments live as PM Lee is making his National Day Rally speech (like how the latest news headlines scroll across the bottom of the TV screen on CNA) and if they do show the comments live, will they "moderate" the comments?

Well, to answer my own questions, I suppose they won't be showing the SMS comments live, considering that they may be too distracting (in the end, the PM's speech is supposed to be the focus of the whole event) and possibly embarassing (remember "Mee Siam Mai Hum"? I don't think the organisers of the National Day Rally will enjoy having mistakes in the PM's speech immediately made known).

Hopefully, even though they may not be showing the SMS comments live, they will still compile them and release them in some form to let the people know what their fellow Singaporeans think about the PM's National Day Rally speech.

Anyway, I think I will go register for the e-townhall online discussion; even if I have nothing to contribute, it will be interesting to observe how they will conduct this discussion and what people actually say during it.

No comments:

Post a Comment