Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Q&A Session With Professor Richard Dawkins

Ok, I just finished watching this interesting and thought-provoking video clip and just thought that I should share it with you all.

However, before you all start clicking on the "Play" button, allow me to warn you all that the video clip is 1 hour and 10 minutes long but, believe it, it is worth that amount of time. That aside, allow me also to inform you all that the video clip shows a Q&A session, with Professor Richard Dawkins as the speaker, after he finished reading out excerpts from his latest book "The God Delusion" (which is, by the way, out in local bookstores and public libraries) at Randolph-Macon Woman's College.


And, oh yeah, in case you all are interested to know more about Liberty University, which, judging from the video clip, Professor Dawkins does not have a very good opinion of, here's the Wikipedia entry on it or you all can visit its homepage.

Disclaimer: In case you all are mistaken, I am not an atheist; rather, I will call myself an agnostic (see my Post No. 8 for more information). However, while I do not think Professor Dawkins' views on religion are totally correct, they do make sense to me and I suppose they are perhaps somewhat similar to the views I currently hold. But, while his views may perhaps be somewhat similar to those that I currently hold, the views expressed in the video clip above are still Professor Dawkins' views, not mine. Thus, if you all have any questions, counter-arguments and/or criticism about his views, please direct them to here; I believe it is more appropriate & much better for Professor Dawkins himself to answer any questions, counter-arguments and/or criticism you all may have about his views.

No comments:

Post a Comment