Sunday, August 20, 2006

New Balance Real Run 2006



My race tag number...



The "very" red shoe bag and armband pouch given to all the participants (they somewhat resemble first aid kit pouches, don't they?)



The event T-shirt...

(the red & white colours make it look like something designed for National Day, doesn't it?)

I went for my 2nd Real Run at Sentosa this morning (although, technically speaking, I registered for this run 3 times but, last year, due to NS committments, I wasn't able to attend the run in the end). The run was a 10km cross terrain run, with 6km on road, 1.6km on sand (if you all think running is difficult, wait till you all try running on sand!) and 2.4km on forest trail.

Since I didn't time myself this time round, I could only roughly gauge from the clock at the finishing point that I took about 1 hour and 3 minutes plus to finish the run which is not too bad a timing (but also not too good either). I will have to wait for the official results to be released on the run's website before I can find out my exact timing (hopefully, my official timing will be better, considering that the clock at the finishing point started timing before I even reached the starting point).

Oddly enough, I didn't really see much familiar faces at this run, though I did see my JC CCA teacher and one of my JC CCA mate said he saw me at the run (but I didn't see him though).

Next event on my running calendar: Sheares Bridge Run & Army Half-Marathon (27/8/2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment